Minor in Political Science (Undergraduate)
The minor concentration in Political Science comprises of 7 courses and at least 23 credit hours.
Students who declare a minor concentration in Political Science will not be assigned an adviser. Students who require advising should consult with the Director of Undergraduate Studies and the Academic Degree Program Coordinator (Tarbutton 327).
Students who minor in Political Science must complete the following courses:
- POLS 100 National Politics
- POLS 110 Introduction to International Politics
- POLS 120 Introduction to Comparative Politics
Please use the following resourses for self-advising to ensure that you have the correct courses for the minor.
Additional Requirements and Procedures
- One course in Political Theory is required.
- All elective courses must be at the 300-level or above.
- One course of elective credit (at least 3 credit hours) can be satisfied with POLS 496 internship credit.
- POLS 497 credit (directed study) may not be used to fulfill any of the requirements for the minor.
- No course for the minor may be taken Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory.
- No more than two courses (8 credit hours) may be satisfied with courses taken "away" from Emory-this includes but is not limited to: Study Abroad credit, transient study,
- Washington and Bard semester programs and transfer credit.